Hardwood Floors: Services
Always friendly, professional, and patient, the installation and restoration experts at New England Custom Floors are artisans and craftsmen. They will work with you to create the hardwood floors of your dreams. Our showroom in Westport, CT has an extensive line of hardwood samples. Call 203.227.2819 to set up an appointment.
The floors are beautiful. We’ve used New England Custom Floors for two homes; the most recent a restoration of a 200 year old home, and I wouldn’t have trusted anyone else with the floors. | J.B.
Our expert services include:
- New Hardwood Floor Installation
- Custom Border & Medallion Inlays
- Antique & Existing Hardwood Floor Restoring & Refinishing
- Hand Scraping & Resurfacing
- Reactive Stains & Custom Dyes & Stains
- Hard Wax Oils & Penetrating Oils
- Bleaching and Application Process
Dust Containment System
New England Custom Floors’ Dust Containment System utilizes a high-powered vacuum process which eliminates most of the toxic fumes and airborne dust that can occur.
The Bona-certified expert installers and restorers at New England Custom Floors can design, plan, and install a new custom floor, add pickling, herringbone, or custom medallions; or breathe new life into old, worn wood though a restoration that integrates finishes to create a uniform whole.
- No need to vacate the home
- Floors can be walked on within 3-4 hours
- Furniture can be replaced the next day
- Installation planning and design.
- Sub-floor prep and floor reinforcement.
- Checking moisture and relative humidity content of sub-floor and flooring material prior to installation.
- Installing ornamental borders and fields.
- Installing Herringbone flooring.
- Installing custom medallions.
- Antique reclaimed floors.
- Use of domestic and exotic species: Red and White Oak, American Cherry, Maple, Walnut, Antique Heart Pine, Douglas Fir, Hemlock, etc.
- Refinishing of hardwood, softwood, and antique wood floors.
- Swedish water base finishes, and Tung oil, and oil base polyurethane.
- Refinishing of antique floors.
- Application of custom stain* on soft and porous wood species, including Maple, Birch, Pine, Fir and other exotics.
- Pickling: bleaching and staining.
- Use of environmentally-friendly products.
*Call 203.227.2819 and ask about our Custom Stain and Dye Consultation Services.
Our waterborne finishes are the most durable available, and all the products we use are environmentally safe.